The ‘Stay Well’ program focuses on protecting guests and employees, as minimum standards at each hotel. This includes measures that span front office, guestrooms and housekeeping, public areas, back of house, restaurants and food outlets, functions and events, and human resources and training. Each new measure complements the already stringent standards upheld at The Prince Akatoki London and has guest and employee safety front and centre.
Hospital grade cleaning features heavily in the new standards, including increased frequency of cleaning (up to every 30 minutes in high touch areas), and use of chemicals to kill COVID-19. We will install sensor hand sanitisers within all public spaces and will undertake management of social distancing across public spaces. In addition, The Prince Akatoki London is introducing innovative measures that include the installation of shoe sanitiser mats at hotel entrances, immunity boosting menus, and the introduction of mobile app ordering systems at all hotel restaurants.
This ‘Stay Well’ measure has been designed as a guideline to implement minimum brand standards within our hotel to achieve the following objectives:
- Elevated importance of health & safety in the workplace
- Elevated importance of health & safety to all guests
- The importance of “places” with generous space distancing
- Creating a “clean and safe environment” for our employees and guests
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE), along with frequent testing and monitoring areas
- Germ mitigation – where possible, replacing hotel items to focus on ‘easy-clean’, easily disposable materials
- Providing Stay Well kits – sanitizer, alcohol wipes, and tissues to all guests
- Low Touch High Impact solutions and Zero Touch solutions
- Investment in training and health and safety education with measurable results
In addition to these measures, The Prince Akatoki London has engaged an independent certifier who is world-leading in testing, inspection and certification across 140 countries. An inspection will be conducted to ensure our hygiene and sanitation policy is best practice for every market we operate.
Our Executive Committee meets daily on the Stay Well program to examine and update further safety measures.